What is it
This is a fundamental data provider for Wealth-Lab version 6 and up that downloads free fundamental and economic data items from the YCharts
The full set of data is available to YCharts paid
subscribers only. However, many fundamental and economic items are downloadable for free even if you don't have a subscription. YCharts restricts free data to last 5 years.
Firstly you need to enter your email address and password in the provider's tab in Data Manager (note:
Enter username and password - YCharts Advanced/Professional only
To start collecting 90+ fundamental items and 180+ economic data items provided by YCharts, check the provider's entries in Wealth-Lab's Data Manager tool (at the bottom of the "Update Data" tab). Now, Wealth-Lab will also collect fundamental data for all symbols and/or economic data after it finishes updating static data.
Fundamental data downloads are available when you click "Update all data..." (and have at least one data provider selected from the list of installed provider) or when "Update DataSet" is selected. Note:
Fundamental items aren't collected when "Update DataSet (Pricing)" is selected.
Be patient while the provider is downloading the data. Although data downloads are multi-threaded, it could be a lengthy process for large portfolios. Since new fundamental data items become available every 3 months, it's recommended that you uncheck the provider's entry in the Data Manager for daily updates! If you fail to do it, you will quickly run out of the monthly quota (25Mb for YCharts Pro Gold accounts). Alternatively, switch to the limited free download mode.
Economic data items are updated only when "Update all data..." was clicked. Downloading this data does not depend on selected data provider, as economic items are global by nature and don't belong to a symbol. Please be patient while the data is downloaded (may take several minutes).
Available fundamental items
YCharts makes available up to 30 years worth of quarterly fundamental items for the U.S. securities. The complete list of the available fundamental items is included (in alphabetical order):
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accruals, Altman Z-Score, Asset Utilization
- Beneish M-Score, Beta, Book Value, Book Value per Share
- Capital Expenditures, Cash Conversion Cycle, Cash Div. Payout Ratio (ttm), Cash Financing, Cash Financing, Cash Investing, Cash Investing (ttm), Cash Operations, Cash Operations (ttm), Cash and Equivalents, Cash and ST Investments, Current Ratio
- Days Inventory Outstanding, Days Payable Outstanding, Days Sales Outstanding, Debt to Equity Ratio, Dividend, Dividend Yield
- EBITDA Margin (ttm), EBITDA (ttm), EV / EBIT, EV / EBITDA, EV / Free Cash Flow, EV / Revenues, Earnings Per Share, Earnings Per Share Growth, Earnings Per Share (ttm), Earnings Yield, Effective Tax Rate (ttm), Enterprise Value, Expenses, Expenses (ttm)
- Free Cash Flow, Free Cash Flow (ttm), Free Cash Flow Yield, Fundamental Score
- Gross Profit Margin, Gross Profit (ttm), Income from Cont. Ops, Interest Expense, Interest Income, Inventories
- KZ Index
- Liabilities, Long Term Debt
- Market Cap
- Net Income, Net Income (ttm), Net PP&E
- Operating Earnings Yield, Operating Margin (ttm), Operating PE Ratio, Other Comprehensive Income
- PE 10, PE Ratio, PE Value, PEG Ratio, PS Value, Payout Ratio (ttm), Price / Book Value, Price / Sales Ratio, Price / Tangible Book Value, Profit Margin
- R&D Expense, Receivables Turnover, Retained Earnings, Retained Earnings Growth, Return on Assets, Return on Equity, Return on Invested Capital, Revenue Growth, Revenue Per Share (ttm), Revenues, Revenues (ttm)
- SG&A Expense, Shareholders Equity, Shares Outstanding, Stock Buybacks
- Tangible Book Value, Tangible Book Value Per Share, Tangible Common Equity Ratio, Times Interest Earned (ttm), Total Assets, Total Return Price
- Valuation (Historical Mult.), Valuation Percentage, Value Score
Short descriptions are provided for each fundamental item in the Fundamental Data
dialog at any time by clicking the Fundamentals button in the Navigation or Function toolbars, from the Tools menu, a chart's right-click menu, or simply using the Ctrl+U shortcut.
Available economic items
On their website, YCharts provides 10000 economic indicators (worldwide). Through this data provider it's possible to use a vast number of the most requested economic data items (over 180, some up to 50+ years) made available by YCharts and broken by the following groups:Commodities:
- Conventional Gasoline Spot Price, Diesel Spot Price, U.S. Crude Oil Consumption, Crude Oil Spot Price, Oil Imports, Natural Gas Spot Price, Natural Gas Residential Price, Natural Gas Consumption, Gold ETF Volatility Index, Crude Oil Volatility Index, Wheat Price, U.S. Soybean Price, Milk Price, Hog Price, Corn Price, Cattle Price, Calf Price
- Consumer Price Index, Consumer Sentiment, Gas Price, Household Financial Obligations, Personal Saving, Real Personal Consumption Expenditures, Food Services Sales, Clothing and Accessories Sales, Auto and Other Mother Vehicle Sales, Grocery Store Sales, Retail Sales, Retail and Food Services Sales, Consumer Price Index: Medical Care, Disposable Personal Income, Personal Saving Rate, Personal Consumption, Expenditures, Auto Sales, Household Debt Service, Inflation rate, Retail sales growth, Consumer spending, Europe consumer price index, Electronics store sales, European Consumer Confidence Index
- Bank Credit Of All Commercial Banks, Total Consumer Credit Outstanding, Total Non Revolving Credit Outstanding, Real Estate Loans All Commercial Banks, Total Investments All Commercial Banks, Total Revolving Credit Outstanding
- Balance On Current Account, GDP Growth, Real GDP Growth, GDP, Real GDP, Disposable Personal Income Growth, Durable Goods Orders Growth, Brent Crude Oil Spot Price, Underemployment Rate, Job Creation Index, Gallup Unemployment Rate, Economic Confidence Index, US Coincident Index Growth
- Average Claims For Unemployment Insurance, Initial Claims For Unemployment Insurance, Unemployment Rate,
Aggregate Weekly Hours Index, Average Hourly Earnings, Total Nonfarm Payrolls
- Trade Weighted Exchange Index Broad, Trade Weighted Exchange Index Other, Trade Weighted Exchange Index Major
- Existing Home Sales, New Housing Permits in the U.S., Pending Home Sales Index, Housing Starts, New Homes Sold in the U.S., Sales Price Of Existing Homes, Case-Shiller Home Price Index Composite 20, Case-Shiller Home Price Index Composite 10, Case-Shiller Home Price Index National, NAHB/Wells Fargo National HMI
- 1 Month AA Financial Commercial Paper Rate, 1 Month Treasury Rate, 10 Year Treasury Rate, 3 Month Certificate Of Deposit Rate, 30 Year Mortgage Rate, 5 Year Treasury Rate, 6 Month Certificate Of Deposit Rate, Bank Prime Loan Rate, Moody's Seasoned AAA Corporate Bond Yield, 1 Month Certificate Of Deposit Rate, 1 Year Treasury Rate, 3 Month AA Financial Commercial Paper Rate, 3 Year Treasury Rate, 30 Year Treasury Rate, 5/1 Adjustable Rate Mortgage Rate, 7 Year Treasury Rate, Effective Federal Funds Rate, 4 Week Average T-Bill, 4 Week Average T-Bill (Monthly), 3 Month T-Bill, 1 Year T-Bill
- Foreign US Public Debt, Total US Public Debt, Total US Population, US Coincident Index, Weekly Leading Index Growth, Weekly Leading Index, European Gross Domestic Product
- Deliveries Index, Employment Index, Inventories Index, Producer Price Index (PPI), Production Index, Durable Goods Orders, Industrial Production Index, New Orders Index, U.S. Core Producer Price Index, Purchasing Managers Index, Manufacturing Prices Index, Manufacturing Imports Index, Manufacturing Exports Index, Manufacturing Customer's Inventories Index, Manufacturing Backlog Index
- S&P 500, S&P 500 Operating EPS, S&P 500 P/E Ratio, S&P 500 Return From Dividends Annual (aka S&P 500 Dividend Yield), S&P 500 Dividends Per Share, S&P 500 EPS, S&P 500 Operating P/E Ratio, VIX Volatility Index, VXO Volatility Index, Fama-French Monthly Market Return, Fama-French Monthly HML Return, Investor Sentiment % Bullish, Investor Sentiment % Bearish, Investor Sentiment % Neutral, Money Market Fund Retail Assets, Barclay Hedge Fund UCITS Index, Barclay Hedge Fund Index, Long-Term Mutual Fund Flows: (Hybrid, Taxable Bond, Municipal Bond, Foreign Equity, Domestic Equity)
- Currency Component Of M1, Discount Window Borrowings, Monetary Base, Treasury Deposits, Currency In Circulation, M2 Money Stock, Mortgage Backed Securities All Maturities, US Government Securities All Commercial Banks, Money Market Fund Institutional Assets, Money Market Fund Assets, M1 Money Stock, Long-Term Mutual Fund Flows (Equities), Long-Term Mutual Fund Flows (Bonds), Long-Term Mutual Fund Flows, Velocity of MZMV Money Stock, Velocity of M2 Money Stock, Velocity of M1 Money Stock
- Non-manufacturing Backlog, Non-manufacturing Deliveries, Non-manufacturing Exports, Non-manufacturing Index, Non-manufacturing Inventory Sentiment, Non-manufacturing Prices, Non-manufacturing Business Activity, Non-manufacturing Employment, Non-manufacturing Imports, Non-manufacturing Inventories, Non-manufacturing New Orders
- Transportation Services Index, Transportation Services Index Freight, Transportation Services Index Passenger, Transportation Services Index Change, Transportation Services Index Freight Change, Transportation Services Index Passenger Change
- The data are refreshed on each update (like other WL6 fundamental data providers do), so it should be free from adjusting problems.
- If some economic items didn't appear after downloading, try repeating the data update.
- Fundamental data provided by Zacks.
Here are some screenshots of the provider at work:
Some of the available fundamental data items
Some of the available economic data items
Economic data items