What it is
This is a static data provider that downloads historical intraday data (1-minute, Central European Time GMT+1) for up to 18 Forex currency pairs from Forexite
. The data for the following cross rates are available:
|AUDJPY||Australian Dollar / Japanese Yen|
|NZDUSD||New Zealand Dollar / US Dollar|
|EURUSD||Euro / U.S. Dollar|
|EURGBP||Euro / British Pound|
|USDJPY||U.S. Dollar / Japanese Yen|
|USDCHF||U.S. Dollar / Swiss Franc|
|GBPUSD||British Pound / U.S. Dollar|
|EURJPY||Euro / Japanese Yen|
|EURCHF||Euro / Swiss Franc|
|GBPJPY||British Pound / Japanese Yen|
|GBPCHF||British Pound / Swiss Franc|
|CHFJPY||Swiss Franc / Japanese Yen|
|EURCAD||Euro / Canadian Dollar|
|USDCAD||U.S. Dollar / Canadian Dollar|
|AUDUSD||Australian Dollar / U.S. Dollar|
|NZDJPY||New Zealand Dollar / Japanese Yen|
|XAUUSD||Gold / U.S. Dollar|
|XAGUSD||Silver / U.S. Dollar|
How to use it
First time database creation
First, you need to create a Forexite DataSet. Data vendor stores each day of data in a single ZIP file. When building a Forexite DataSet from scratch, the provider connects to the server and grabs thousands of individual zipped data files. You will need to reserve a considerable amount of disk space to build the database the first time: at least 7Gb
to keep temporary files and cache. After successfully building the database, temporary files are removed.
Be patient: initial download and DataSet creation is a very time consuming process that can take up an hour depending on your broadband connection and CPU speed. Should you decide to abort the process for any reason, it can be safely restarted because the provider caches ~400 Megabytes of original data files in Wealth-Lab's data folder to avoid redundant downloads:
- Should something go wrong (e.g. network/server error), DataSet creation can be restarted without missing dates in the middle
- If you create a partial DataSet and then decide to add more symbols, there will be no time consuming download
Daily updates take almost no network traffic and are much faster (under a minute). Note that the data vendor makes historical data updates available once a day, so updating the data on demand and Strategy Monitor are not supported. Whether you update just a single currency or all eighteen it won't affect the download size, but the less Forex pairs you have in the provider's DataSets, the faster the data will be updated.
Notes and limitations
- Make sure your PC is fast, has lots of RAM, and you run 64-bit Wealth-Lab. Each instrument typically has 3-4 millions of 1-minute bars, so only a fast PC with 64-bit edition of Wealth-Lab and lots of RAM can handle that.
- The size of a Forexite DataSet with just the four Forex "major pairs" takes 700 Mb on your disk.
- On demand data updates are not supported due to a considerable download time.
- Strategy Monitor is not supported.
- Powered by BloodHound: an open-source multi-threaded file download manager