What it is
This is a Wealth-Lab static provider for free daily data by QuoteMedia. It's possible to download the data for U.S. and overseas stocks, indexes, funds, futures
, options and more. For QuoteMedia symbology and symbol lookup, please visit these pages:
- Historical data requests return up to 50 years.
- The QuoteMedia daily data contain today's incomplete (partial) bar. This allows you to schedule an update early after the market's closed. Do not update the data while the session is open or you won't get next update until next trading day (or removal of the last daily bar in the data).
- Since no security/index/etc. name is available in the returned data, the provider requests this information from Yahoo. In general, this will work for U.S. stocks only.
- To enter valid symbols containing spaces e.g. @SPY 101120C00120000, wrap them in double quotes i.e. "@SPY 101120C00120000". Applies both to creation of new DataSets and to modification of existing DataSets (via the "Symbols" list and/or via "Add symbols to the DataSet")
- Note: When manually adding a new symbol with spaces in the Data Manager's "Symbols" list to a DataSet already containing symbol(s) with space(s), you should wrap each symbol containing space(s) in double quotes, again.
- For options symbols, the number of spaces between the two parts of the ticker can vary! Make sure to enter the symbol exactly as found on the QuoteMedia site, preserving all the spaces.
- Supports Market Manager.
- Downloaded data may have various errors (Close > High etc). The data feed is to blame.
- Provider does not have the means to adjust for splits and dividends. To maintain your data in good shape, either perform splits manually or reload the DataSet from scratch using the Data Tool's "Remove all data" feature and then updating the DataSet.